Tuesday, March 3, 2015

St. Patrick's Day mini shamrock album

This month on the Crafycutting Design team, I have been playing with the Shamrock Mini album. I decided to go full on Irish with it just in time for St. Patrick's Day. I don't really do much decorating around the Paddy's Day holiday, so I decided to make a little book with the old Irish Blessing in it.
 
 
I covered each of the pages with green and orange paper and painted the 'stems' in green. I then soften the edges of the album using white paint. For the cover I made a little rosette from green grosgrain ribbon and a little white lace, in the style of a St. Patrick's Day badge. I added a gold celtic knot button on top. Finally I added some gold gemstones. 
 
I used lace and a felt flower cut up to form a shamrock. The white shamrock is a rub-on. The text of the blessing was created using a tiny set of alphabet stamps. 
 
These pages were decorated with an Irish Dancing dress, a doily and some green felt flowers.

 
Again I used a doily on this page with some green gemstones. On the rhs is a claddagh.
 
This page was quite busy so I chose to just highlight one of the arrows with gemstones and add a little pint of green beer to the right page.
 
 
The final pages have some rub-ons added.
 
I hope you enjoyed my little album. Pop over to www.craftycutting.com to purchase the mini album, it costs only €2.40 for the 4"x4" album, a great project to do with the kids.
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

Hi, I love to receive comments on my work. Thanks for joining me.
Karen